Friday, February 8, 2013

Small Changes

I have some recent updates for you today.

Yesterday afternoon, I met with my in-school adviser, Raeleen Grzybowski. Her knowledge in history and politics will no doubt play a critical role in the direction of this project.

During our meeting, Mrs. Grzybowski brought to my attention that my project, as it stands, is extremely diverse and varied to a fault. The many questions I am trying to answer in my Statement of Purpose (in the last post) are so different that it'd be nearly impossible to answer all of them in three months.


After much consideration, I will be narrowing my topic questions to three main points:

1) How much has Hong Kong's economy changed?
2) What are the causes of this change?
3) What are the effects on the middle class?

I chose these three questions because they still allow me to keep the heart of my original project while also guiding me with a learning trajectory. However, not only are these questions tied together, there are multiple ways of answering them. Economies can be analyzed in a multitude of ways, as well as its effects. This will ensure that my project is not superficial as there will always be deeper levels.

I will begin sharing my research tomorrow, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment